Friday, January 21, 2011

Water Drop

I have seen peoples very cool water drop photos and wanted to give it a try. Last night I placed a hand towel in my sink and a pyrex pan on top of that. Turned the faucet on to drip and used a lamp for lighting as well as my flash. I used a zoom lens set to 200mm @ f/32 and 1/200 sec. I am not exactly happy with the outcome.
So, frustrated and concerned about my cameras ability to focus, I vowed to set up again this morning. I filled a ziplock bag half way with water, pricked one corner, tied a ribbon around the top and looped the other end around the little know on my piano. With the bag suspended I placed the pyrex pan under it, with a green piece of construction paper behind the dish, and a blue piece underneath. Set a reflector on camera right and window light camera left. I still had to use my flash, its cloudy today, and my 18-55mm lens. Here is the result. f/22 @ 1/100 sec and 55mm focal length.

The quality is greatly improved, much clearer image. I am still waiting for the sun to come out so I can avoid the flash, and capture a image I can use for my Unit One Assignment, keep your fingers crossed x

No comments:

Post a Comment