Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today

Today, I will take out my camera and shoot something! I don't know what yet, but, I will find it. You see, I was supposed to do some band portraits for my husbands friend, but they have decided to have another photographer (not really a photographer, more like girl with camera, if I understand correctly) there doing a shoot at the same time I would be. That makes me uncomfortable for a couple reasons. First, I am new at this, and the stress of doing the shoot for someone, even if its practice, is immense. Even though they know I am a photography student, I imagine they have some expectations and that is fine. I need time and the ability to feel comfortable in this environment of photographer and client. Second, In my limited experience, to many photographers in the studio is a lot like too many chefs in the kitchen. Neither of us would get the clients full attention, there would be additional and unnecessary distractions, contradictory direction. Which one of us do they take that direction from? One of us would be rushed, our creativity stifled, with the sense that the other is waiting on us~watching over our shoulders. I don't know if this situation is normal? And perhaps it is something I should get accustomed to. I am conflicted, should I just make the best of it and do the session, or wait and see if they want to re-schedule for another day. Either way, I will be putting my Canon to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment