Friday, November 25, 2011

So Long Thanksgiving!

And hello Christmas=) I was just too excited about doing Christmas photos for my girls to put it off any longer. And after seeing Propinsanity's post on how to do a festive backdrop, I ran with it. So here is my version. Of course I don't own a backdrop stand, or backdrops and my living room is tiny, so I just worked with what I have, which is an off white sheet and a wall to tack it up on, colored lights and a down comforter for the floor. Oh, and lets not forget, my very first piece of lighting equipment! A Soft box with 1000 watt 5 bulb continuous light=)


Not only did this little photo shoot get me great images for my Christmas cards this year, but I also learned a little more about Bokeh. Bokeh is something that I struggled with in the beginning, but after getting my 50mm 1.8 canon lens, it was easy as pie. The Key is to have your subject closer to you than they are to the background and have your aperture wide open, as much as possible. It takes a few test shots to get it just right, but the results are so great. bokeh makes me happy, like big bubbles of joy; I can not get enough. I shot these at 50mm f/2 shutter speed varied, I also had a continuous light.

No comments:

Post a Comment